Welcome to Speaker Prep Day!
This workshop will help you build, prepare and deliver a talk. Bring a talk you’d like to work on.
We’ll choose things to do from the list below. If you’d like to work on your practicing, on getting to great ideas and interesting abstracts, or anything else, we have more. Talk to us.
These exercises are open source. Find them on github. This page will stay here for future events. You’ll find links to older pages below.
James and Bart
Click on any title to reveal details.
ScheduleWe’ll run from 09:00 - 17:00 with breaks. We’ll do drop-in sessions in the morning, and more scheduled stuff in the afternoon.
- 9:00-10:30 drop-in sessions, small groups and one-to-ones
- 10:30-11:00 (break) roundtable: share your disasters (over the 30 minute break)
- 11:00-12:30 drop-in sessions, small groups and one-to-ones
- 12:30-13:30 (lunch break): browse galleries, talk, eat food
- 13:30-14:10 40 min workshop on making memorable content
- 14:15-15:00 40 min workshop to visualise your talk structure
- 15:00-15:30 (round table): preparation and follow-up
- 15:30-16:15 40 min Hear My Talk (exercise)
- 16:15-17:00 40 min workshop to polish your presentation
Getting to a Great Abstract
Speaker tricks; delivering a great performance
What makes a 'great talk'?
Practicing and Rehearsing
Speaking across cultures
Cool & Cruel Q&A
Dealing with copyright
Dealing with Disaster
Dealing with Q&A
Sorting out a Talk
Making it Interactive
Making your key content even more memorable
Visualising your talk structure
Share your preparation checklist
What to Follow Up after a Talk
Hear My Talk
Polish your presentation
Agile Testing Days 2018
Testing Cup 2019